Friday, March 16, 2012

Yamaha PX-2 / PX-3




Yamaha basically is a large musical insturment company, got tired of the motorcycle sarcasm when I was selling it for JB. "When I think of Yamaha, I think of riding a motorcyle, VROOOM! VROOOM!, ha, ha!"

  It's because you are stupid.

Yes, at one point I did develop an attitude, shortly before I got out of the business.

  Anyway, really liked some of the older Yamaha stuff, B1/ B2 power amps, C2a preamp, NS-1000 speakers, and these tables were actually not bad (for direct drive). Still have a couple of PX-3s, one mint, one not so mint.

Great drunk table, you push a button and it plays the record, fully automatic. Both linear tracking, You can index grooves from outside the dustcover. Kind of like picking up the Zippo lighter with the steam shovel in those old quarter games. Biggest difference in the two was isolation, the drive mechanisms being basically the same. The PX-2 weighed significantly more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment