Saturday, March 24, 2012

Other local sources

Me!

(No,just kidding.)

There are some things that I decide to sell from time to time, but definitely not a dealer (anymore).

  As a hobbyist, I don't think I've ever acquired more stuff since I have been out of the business,and it has been about 25 years. Truth of the matter is, it is really tough to make a living selling audio, odds very much against you, and you can remain much more passionate if your livelihood doesn't depend on it.

  Other sources would include my friend Joe who runs a repair shop (Service Technology) and knows people who know people who might be interested in this or that.

  Craigslist, of course- that great place where all they do is argue about the value of Ipads.

  Ebay Classifieds- many people don't realize this exists. Localized for your city or town.

 Garage sales, for God's sake, go back a few posts and just look at the GE school phonograph I bought for $10!

   Saw a Marantz Model 7 next to a Charm Glow grill in Pittsford! Only problem is they wanted $4000. for it. (Just kidding). My point again is there is a wealth of this stuff in this town, you just need a little luck and know where to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment