Thursday, October 18, 2012

Internet Radio


Lately I have been waaayyyyyy  too interested in this! A lot of fun, distracting me from my vinyl. Thinkin' it sounds better than a lot of digital sources, but I am not really sure. All I know is it has been over a year since I fired up my McIntosh  MR-73 analog tuner! Not just because of this, I have limited most of my radio listening to the car. Also have Muzak piping from ceiling speakers at work, some of which appear to only have from 8000 hz on up working (blown? Partially?) 

 Have several channels saved, Jimi Hendrix, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Yes, Eric Clapton, Insane Clown Posse, etc. Tubes benefit the sound of everything, and this is a good enough source that I can hear the difference. My upstairs system PC has a cool acid trip screensaver that kicks in (via Boxee), I usually get the downstairs up and running and shut the video off. Great for when I am not being all that analytical and just want to relax. Occasionally it will play something I do not own. Most of the choices are pretty appropriate for the genre. I get very few ads, think it is the platform I am running it on. If you can find a way to download Boxee to your computer (I don't think the regular website offers this for anything other than tablets or phones) the app is the best I have seen. no ads, cool acid trip screensaver, and a second volume control. This is all Kosher if you are running tubes and/or horns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment