Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome Tom!


Tom C. emailed me the other day with questions about a B&O MMC 20CL cartridge (one of my favorites). Google had brought him to this blog, and as it turns out he has a Yamaha CD player that I sold an acquaintance of his 30 years ago! He was kind enough to send pictures of the sale and my original business card which was still stapled to the receipt! Look at the price- $1200. for a Yamaha CD-1 back in 1983! This was one of their best, early adopters certainly paid the price! Wondering how much better a $200. machine sounds today! Not true of turntables, of course. A $1200. table back then would probably be equivalent to a $3000+ one today, and would still have enduring value.

  Anyway, thanks, Tom for reading and sending me these!

No comments:

Post a Comment