Sunday, January 20, 2013

Interconnects





Pretty much everything I said about speaker cables holds true for interconnects as well, most I got free or cheap. The majority of what I have is either Monster or Audioquest, probably the two biggest names in the industry.I have a smattering of others,  I would highly recommend the Kimber PBJ to anyone looking for a good reasonably priced cable. XLO gets my vote for the funkiest looking cables that I own (bottom picture).These also sound good. I have some older Cardas and Tributaries cables as well.  I use Audioquest video cables for digital, they are both 75 ohm cables and work well. Here again, you can spend several thousand dollars on cables. The same good / hype / snake oil theories apply. With either type of cable if you are serious about them it is wise to try to audition them at home in your own system if it is possible.

And again, let me know which ones you like and I will buy a used pair cheap. One indisputable fact- used cables generally don't have resale value.

No comments:

Post a Comment