Friday, September 7, 2012

'Tis an emotional day indeed.....


Decided to list my prized Altec Valencia B's a few weeks ago on Craigslist (see my earlier posts), having acquired my 17th pair of speakers, the Pioneer Elite TZ-700s, (see my other earlier posts), and decided things were getting out of control. These commanded a fair degree of domestic real estate, weighing in at god knows how many pounds, (waaay too expensive to ship!).  I have literally owned them for 14 years, plus I haven't hooked up my Ming Da triode single ended triode amps (see yet again my earlier posts)  in quite a while, the best amps I have suited for them. 15" two-way horns, same compliment as the Voice of the Theaters.


Once again, I am surprised that nobody on Craigslist locally saw the value in these! Seems like anything more than $100. I end up shipping or somehow  selling to someone out of state! Is Rochester really doing that bad, or is Craigslist just not the right venue? I hate Ebay. I would have had to call the piano movers to facilitate this.

A gentleman Richard from Virginia ended up buying them, drove his van  all the way up and fell into numerous snags along the way. To make a long story short, he finally made it a couple of days ago, obviously dedicated to the art, or business, made several other stops along the way as you can see by the pictures!



Glad he ended up with them, truly a nice hard working guy. I let him rearrange his load while I went to the dentist.  Left a vintage 1950's cabinet of sorts for the garbage men, didn't have room for it, it is going to the curb Tuesday night. If any of you cheap Rochester people want it, come and get it! Apparently, free gets a reaction, Valencia B's don't.

  PS- still have my Ming Da's listed on Craigslist. Assuming some Japanese guy will fly  in in a helicopter, land in my back yard, and give me huge yen for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment