Friday, April 13, 2012

Would like to hear from you

If you are an audiophile (or aspiring) from the Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse/Albany areas I would love to hear from you! No doubt I may have had some erroneous info somewhere along the way, I  would love for other people to get involved,participate,embelish, correct my mistakes, and comment on these posts.


  You have to have a Google account (I know, a pain), but you can remain anonymous. You don't have to have a picture, or even use your real name. It can be something like "tubedude, seedy cd'er, eight track fanatic, real about reel to reel", or whatever you choose. Once you sign up, click follow.

  I know there are quite a few of you still out there, would like to start a community and keep it active.

2 comments:

  1. I’m going through your Blog and I’m greatly enjoying it. I moved to the area about 10 years ago so I missed the golden era of Rochester audio. I must say that it sounds similar to the Hudson Valley (different store names same audio lines). At this point I have pretty much the system I dreamed of having around 1975. SP6a, Dynaco Mk-IV’s, LS3/5a’s, Thorens TD124, Nakamichi Tuner. I know much of the new stuff is better but I like what I like. I also have several “bedroom” systems that are even more vintage. I love that most of this stuff is getting close to 50 years old and with minor repair it continues to sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, thanks! Had an SP -6CA1 myself, great preamp. One of the first things I sold were my LS 3/5a's, probably a mistake. Sounds like no reason to upgrade for you, all great stuff! Thanks for your kind words and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete