Sunday, August 3, 2014

My current upstairs living room system



Dawned on me a while back that I have enough stuff laying around that I should set up another system upstairs in the living room. While the Mac 275 is not the best match for the B&Ws, the room is smaller than it looks in the picture. I sit less than twelve feet back, and don't listen that loudly up there. This is strictly two channel, no surround sound. The component list is as follows:

  VPI HW-19 turntable with the optional TNT heavy platter, Syrinx PU-2 gold tone arm with an older Dynavector Ruby cartridge stepped up through a Denon passive transformer.

The Acurus Act 3 is mainly used as a Dac for the Samsung BluRay player, and also for remote volume and subwoofer crossover for everything except the turntable. The table feeds directly into a Dayton Wright SPS mk III preamp directly into the Mac amp.

I also have a Denon Laser Disc player and a HP PC that I use for Internet TV, Pandora, etc. The  Audioquest Dragon USB Dac is used with the PC (see my earlier post). The speakers are the 801 matrix series IIIs. Power conditioner is a Tice Solo. Sub I just a mid priced Paradigm, for serious vinyl listening I don't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment