Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Another new (old) local resource

  Another store (or home store) has popped up in the Rochester area, Webster to be specific.

  Forefront Audio  (  http://forefront-audio.com/ ) is the latest venture by local veteran Lance Shevchuk of Soundworks/ Sound Concept/ Stereo Shop fame.





 Known for his elaborate custom installs and technical savvy, his attention to detail has always been first rate. Now he is dedicating three rooms of his house to an audio specialty store. I have known Lance for years, and he is a man of honesty and integrity. We even horse traded a few things along the way.  I got my Lumley tube amps from him at one point. Always a hobbyist, it wasn't beyond him to buy something from Paul Heath while he was working for the Sound Concept. In spite of the modest wages the stores paid him he always owned top shelf gear. I give anybody credit for starting a bricks and mortar store today, not an easy business years ago, I'm sure even tougher now. Good luck Lance!

                         Give him a call if you are in the market or need an installation done.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally surprised that Lance is still "into" all that stuff!!! Didn't the Stereo Shop on East Avenue teach him anything? Why would anyone today buy new so-called "high end gear," when so much is available used, especially Ebay?? I am still using my old gear from 20-30 years ago. Even down to my old Carver Silver and platinum speakers. My office stereo system has four AR speakers, a JVC CD player, and a Carver 4-channel amp. What else does a human being need?? Lance, if anything...you should be selling used gear, NOT new overpriced gear! Get a grip my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance: where in blazes did you get the 1000's of bucks needed to start such an operation?? Hello! This setup of your in your home must have cost you some serious change. Did your brother finally drop 20K on you, to fulfill your long lost dream of selling high priced gear? At least you're getting rid of some really good stuff on Craig's List. Go for it, Mate! Bruce would be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete