Sunday, August 5, 2012

Transcriptors Vestigal


Ahhh! The best for last! This is without a doubt the weirdest, most finicky, difficult to set up and least compatible arm  that was ever created! The pivot is at the headshell, a string follows back to the counterweight, horizontal mass is one tenth what the vertical is, and I don't think there was ever a high compliance enough cartridge ever made to work with this! Supplied as standard equipment on their Skeleton table (see my earlier posts), this was also available separately. I think the whole arm is about 8 inches long, and I use an ADC XLM cartridge with it, as close as I can find to compatible. Several thumbscrews 
adjust it, and you can spend several hours on this only to repeat it all the next night!

Irish, thinking the guy that designed it was totally sober (or high), laughed in his sleep at all the people who weren't completely sober attempting to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment